Welcome, I’m Danielle and I’m a fashion and lifestyle blogger who is a Northern lass that now lives down South in the countryside, close to the sea, and was for 10 years called Fashionista Barbie!!!
Yep, ten years is a long time, I’ve loved every moment, but you know what, I grew up, you guys grew up and I just felt that 2019 would make a great time to make a fresh start of it, so yet me introduce you to – It’s A Danielle Life.
The name pretty much tells you what this blog is about, it is a little bit of everything in my life. 10 years ago I was consumed with fashion, since then I’ve got married, bought my forever house and moved to the countryside, and welcome a cute fur-ball called Falcon into my live, an adorable Welsh Springer Spaniel, who you will probably be seeing a lot more of, as he is a big part of my life.
I’m still going to be posting my outfits, but there will be more of a focus on travel, especially dog friendly hotels, and lifestyle, I’ve basically become a little obsessed with interiors since moving and with renovating our house I want to share our journey with you all. For a look at two of the rooms we’ve done so far check out the kitchen and master bedroom.
My goal is to make my blogging more personal again, to basically share what I love, as well as inspire you across fashion, lifestyle, travel and home.
A little fun – 5 things you might not know about me
- I collect Barbie dolls, I think I have close to, or maybe more than 100, I’ve kind of stopped counting. It’s what inspired my original blog name, Fashionista Barbie.
- I have lots of pets – two kitty monsters – Tia and Bailey, yep who are named after alcoholic drinks, a Welsh springer spaniel called Falcon, and a crazy big arse tank full of tropical fish. I’m also looking into expanding our family with donkeys or goats **shhh don’t tell my husband**.
- I have a stationery addiction. A big one. I have so many notepads they are taking over my office plus I have 7 pots filled with pens on my desk, and they are just the ones on display!!!
- I once lost a purple knee high boot on a night out, I think it was the universe’s way of saying that purple boots are never pretty.
- My favourite flower is a dahlia, I’ll take bunches of them in any colour.
If you fancy stalking me, sorry follow me on social media – here’s all the deets: